Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any SUPers are using the K20 for your SUP and raft? I only want to haul around one pump and the K20 looks like it will do the trick for the SUP but I am unsure if it will for the raft. I have an electric blower to get the raft up to 1 psi or so and will just be using the K20 for top off. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Not a SUPer here, but have used a K-pump for raft topoff for 10+ years.
Used to be a K200, but it was too long to use while in the raft on the water, and I cut it down to almost K100 length.

Wasn't aware of the K20 with dual-pressure. Seems like a great pump that would work on both of your craft.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a K20 that I use for SUP and ducky. I like it a lot, though I use it primarily to top off of my Lynx, Tomcat and NRS Outlaw duckies (with drop stitch floor) and NRS Thrive (20 psi). I commonly fill 2 tandems and 4 solo duckies and 2 SUPs, so I think it would work great for your raft. It is not my only pump though, I actually use 3.
My system:
1. Coleman quickpump to get the bulk of the air in
2. K20 to get to regular ducky tube pressure and to about 10 psi on drop stitch pressure.
3. Modified Harbor Freight tire inflator to top off drop stitch.

So, with that, I have used my K-Pump to inflate my SUPs completely, but really just when it was new, and I was optimistic it would work by itself. It didn't take me long to decide I wanted a compressor to do the bulk of the work. I like that because I can do other chores while it is inflating, and check on it occasionally. And truthfully, when I get up to 15+ psi, I actually prefer the NRS Superpump the boards came with. But, once on the water, the K20 is the only pump that continues, the others stay with the car.

Just the same, I really do like the K20. For me, it is a better top off pump for the low pressure tubes than the high pressure, but it works...I just don't enjoy pumping to 15-20 psi by hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts