Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the option to buy a used Bighorn II frame with seat and oarlocks with a boat I'm buying for $550. I've emailed Gary at rowframes.com and it sounds like he could build be a similar frame for less money.

I'm not sure if Gary's aluminum is anodized does anyone know?

Also I don't know much about his fittings can anyone compare NRS's fittings with rowframes?

Would I be able to buy future add-ons easily if I went with rowframes? Are they interchangeable with NRS equipment?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Paul7 said:
I have the option to buy a used Bighorn II frame with seat and oarlocks with a boat I'm buying for $550. I've emailed Gary at rowframes.com and it sounds like he could build be a similar frame for less money.

I'm not sure if Gary's aluminum is anodized does anyone know?

Also I don't know much about his fittings can anyone compare NRS's fittings with rowframes?

Would I be able to buy future add-ons easily if I went with rowframes? Are they interchangeable with NRS equipment?
They should be able to make it out of the same pipe diam and the fittings come in the standard sizes so if you spec the nrs standard widths you can use the slideable seatbar, footbar, and drop supports

Not sure if gary does it if he uses the larger pipe...

Another consideration should be the temper. 6061 -t6 is less likely to bend and the walls wont bend from the setscrew. Any bends require the -t3 so not as strong and more flex

I've also noticed some cracking in one of my hollander fittings. The nrs fittings can sometimes become sloppy in the pipe after a few years

1 - 2 of 2 Posts