Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
93 Avon 14 foot adventurer, does anybody have an idea how much is one worth that is in good condition with no patches

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just bought an old avon adventurer, and from what I learned IF it is top condition then that would be in the range of a good price. Mine was on the lower quality side, so I could tell you more accuratley on its price if it were a beater.

If possible, I would have a local repair shop inspect it before you purchase, similar to taking a used car to mechanic before buying.

·
Registered
312 Posts
IMHO... No its not... you can get a brand new Avon Mil Pro for 4 grand... that's a no brainer . buy one of these new ones!!!! AVON Adventurer River Boat/Raft UAB...

I think it would be worth 2500 at most... but impossible to guess without seeing it... lots of great new boats these days... no reason to buy a 25 year old boat for that kinda coin

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sotar has a 14 footer on their website that was made in 2003 for 3300.... id take a ten year old sotar over a 20 year old avon for the same price any day... and if I had 4 grand id buy one of those milpros in heart beat!!!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I have a 94 14' Avon that I bought off a raft company for $1600 about 5 years ago. I'd put it's value at about the same price today since I"ve added new D rings and Handles. I wouldn't give more than $2000.00 any of the older Avon's from 12 to 16 foot.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just picked up an 06 last spring from an outfitter for 2500, some glue down and one pinhole to repair, need to replace a couple of worn d-rings....and I thought 2500 was pushing it. For a 93, it would have to be in excellent condition, very little wear (from my perspective). I agree with Randaddy....2k tops, and maybe negotiate for 1500 or somewhere in between. I know the jones you are feeling, but be patient and the right boat for the right price will come!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought my 1990 Adventurer new and have always said my next boat would be a 14' Avon. Bummer part is it could be a long time before I need to replace it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts