Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In most rolling how-to vids it is emphazised that the off side leg should be a passive body part in the rolling anatomic complex. In one vid I saw the instructor says "pretend that the left [offside , usually],leg has been left behind in Nam. I however have found that jamming the outside of my offside foot into the angle of the foot brace and the side of the hull, whilst doing my hipsnap on the on side makes the boat rotate up much more easily.

thoughts on this?

·
GoBro
1,493 Posts
Outfit properly and focus on a strong hip snap, keeping the head down and correct blade setup and feathering.

·
Registered
384 Posts
All that's true. But yes, I notice that I do that too sometimes, particularly when I'm in a more violent environment. I do think it is sometimes taught that way, particularly if you're in a boat that doesn't fit properly and you feel like you're falling out. I'd say work on rolling in the pool both ways, with the foot pressure and without. You shouldn't be "jamming" it though. After you are comfortable doing it both ways, see which gives you better results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts