Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upper Colorado Private Boaters Assoc.
We have began this stakeholders group in order to provide a unified voice to represent the interests of the private users of the Upper Colorado River. We will engage in discussions regarding boater access, conservation, community safety, and weigh in on future management plans. Please like and share with your networks!

https://www.facebook.com/UpperCoPBA

Essentially, we believe that a stakeholder group for this section of river is becoming increasingly vital in order to unify the voice of those who utilize this very cherished resource for recreation. The boating community continues to grow exponentially and I feel that we have a responsibility to be good stewards to the river and each other, while engaging the larger population to take action.

Any input, thoughts, questions, interest and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,
Upper Colorado River
Private Boaters Association

·
The Old Troll
458 Posts
I think he is a kayaker talking about Gore Canyon but who knows. There isn't much info on the face book link either.

·
Super Moderator
4,371 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I went to the link to take the Glenwood Parks & Rec. survey but got a message that "Submissions for this form are closed." See this.

Is there another way to take the survey?

-AH

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andy,
Thank you for trying to fill out the survey. There was only a short window. To Short! The City of Glenwood Springs is looking at an improvement project for both Two Rivers and Veltus park. Among other things the are looking at improvements to the ramp. We are planning to meet with them next week to voice the opinion of the boaters in our group. Any input you have please let us know.
Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
interested...

Hey all,
I live in New Castle and work in Glenwood. I fish in the area all the time and would love to participate in any project that could alleviate the congestion at two rivers. Let me know how I could help. Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I "liked" the page on FB, I'd be happy to participate in any meetings or activities. I'm mainly based out of Summit County area and spend most of my time between Pumphouse and Twin Bridges.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey all,
I live in New Castle and work in Glenwood. I fish in the area all the time and would love to participate in any project that could alleviate the congestion at two rivers. Let me know how I could help. Thanks.
Wonderful! Thank you for your willingness to participate. Recreation access and user rights are going to be one of our top priorities. Right now we are in the very early phases creating this organization so are unable to direct your efforts as of yet. However, please stay tuned to our Facebook page and Mountain Buzz, and we will most certainly be reaching out to engaged citizens such as yourself shortly!
Thank you!

UCPBA

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I "liked" the page on FB, I'd be happy to participate in any meetings or activities. I'm mainly based out of Summit County area and spend most of my time between Pumphouse and Twin Bridges.
Thank you so much for your interest! As we get this ball rolling we will alert you to opportunities to become involved. Stay tuned! The organization is very much in its infancy and we are initiating the start up proccess!

UCPBA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts