Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that its creeped up about 100 CFS over last 24 or so. Anyone have any beta on whether this trend will continue until it reaches a floatable level.
Headed down to State bridge next weekend to see Dark Star Orchestra, and hoping to get the kids on the water Friday and Saturday afternoon before the show.
Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Its flowing at 548 from pumphouse to state bridge on Saturday and that is enough to float it.. I floated it at 525 and only hit in one or two spots and i could have been paying better attention...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Off topic a little - is there a way/place to take out between State Bridge and Twin Bridge if we are in kayaks. 4ish miles is a little short, 10 miles is a little too long. Thanks!

·
fat guy in a little boat
412 Posts
i live at rancho. life sucks up here for now. 472 on wednesday with 40+mph headwinds. 525 yesterday and 548 today. the eagle's on it's way down. pumphouse will come up as the eagle dies off. we're definitely not done yet. i see it coming up gradually within the next week. i hope.
either way, i've squeezed a 16ft bucket boat down at 240cfs. it sucks but it goes. kinda.

..and i think the only way to take out between state bridge and 2 bridges is to cross private property

·
Registered
458 Posts
^What he said.

Depending on the flow out of the Eagle, they will keep the Upper C at around 1500 to run the Power Plant (Shoshone).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. We'll be pushing a fully loaded for camping 16ftr down. I think that if it maintains current flow or continues to climb, we'll consider it a go.
Cheers

·
fat guy in a little boat
412 Posts
i'm bored. no water means no customers.
if i wanted to wait this long for an eagle to die i would have just brought a gun... or a donk!! (anyone...):D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Can anyone speculate based on current trends what they think the upper C at pumphouse flow will be this Friday?
Just an educated guess is fine with me :)
Also, would you chose the ark at its flows this coming weekend or pumphouse for a 16 ft raft
Thanks

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Looks like the ark is between 750 and 850
Eagle is coming down daily
Colorado slowly increasing but not by much
Just about 550 at pumphouse
Whats the call for next weekend? Who has the knowledge?
I asked Kara and she felt that things would stay around 550 through next weekend.

·
fat guy in a little boat
412 Posts
better check that Spicoli quote. Mis-quoting Spicoli is serious business bud.
No shoes, no shirt, NO DICE!
oh snap, nice catch!! i stand corrected!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts