Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dog

Just trying to get out on the water with the new dog and get it all together for Westy. Can't wait for June I bet it's 5 feet and sunny. CHUB CHUB CHUB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
My guess is you'll be good. Only beta I really have is for gore which is mostly clear, except in the steepest constricted areas. I figure if the whole flatwater paddle in and paddle from kirsch to t/o is clear, pumphouse should be ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
You can still cross country ski on it. Unless you don't mind a portage or several you might want to wait.

Seriously, it's not open. I'm hoping to do State Bridge to Catamount this weekend but I anticipate a few portages at a minimum and it always opens up before Pump to Rancho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Propanetank. Catamount was my next ? If you don't mind let me know how it goes this weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
usually the section in glenwood from 3 rivers park to south canyon opens up early and is easy to get beta on. any visuals from people driving through or locals???
Was just through yesterday, its was 65f. Shoshone to the wave is totally ice free, not even ice skirts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I think you will be fine this weekend. Haven't floated it but I hiked around and looked. It was very close on Saturday. The few patches of ice were VERY dark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
Yeah, you should be fine. Flow is 519cfs right now. Which is more than enough to float. Just keep an eye on the temps to help you predict the ice on the sides of the river...
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top