Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever run upper clear creek at 250-300? What's it like? is it any fun? what is double knife/cabage chredder like? Are the major drop still fun? Is lower better at these flows? anyone run it lately?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Zach
Dave is joining us for either run today. Call me around 4 and depending on the flow we can decide which run, LCC or UCC. Jamie

·
Registered
15 Posts
lower should be OK

we ran lower CC from elbow to the park last year around 250. it was ok, bony in spots but still enough water. we ran it again when it was higher, at about 500, and SQM was much faster and more challenging at higher flows. still need to portage the diversion structure above tunnel 1 at all levels IMO.

don't know about the upper reaches. ran from dumont to kermit's last year around 600, and that was a blast. not sure if there is enough water now to get over the fish ladders, and outer limits might be bony too.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I ran the upper and lower sections this past Saturday. The upper section was fun but needed more water. The lower section seemed to have enough water and I enjoyed it a little more....especially since you can run straight into the play park.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts