Mountain Buzz banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Interesting. Guess I need a bucket boat with blown baffles for when I wanna run drunk.
I'm sure you wouldn't be the first in that setup....

I’m usually pretty nice to people about most things... and if someone leaves stuff at a camp to double dip for the day on a run, that’s one thing...

But if somebody is trying to tie up a campsite every weekend, all summer, FUCK EM.
That’s the time to take there shit and throw it in the trash, eventually they will quit doin it. Make sure it is not somebody off hiking or something.
If we put up with shit, we will have to deal with the same old crap forever.

Or post it as lost equipment, you want your shit, come get it, and explain to everybody how you were enough of a dum ass to forget your tent at a public campsite for a week, or why you were trying to screw everyone else over...

For what it is worth I will be contacting the following when the office opens tomorrow. I suggest that we all report nefarious activity on the Upper C.

Northwest District Office
2300 River Frontage Road
Silt, CO 81652
970-876-9000

ne·far·i·ous
/nəˈferēəs/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
(typically of an action or activity) wicked or criminal.
"the nefarious activities of the organized-crime syndicates"
synonyms: wicked, evil, sinful, iniquitous, villainous, criminal, heinous, atrocious, appalling, abhorrent, vile, foul, base, abominable, odious, depraved, corrupt, shameful, scandalous, monstrous, fiendish, diabolical, devilish, unholy, ungodly, infernal, satanic, dark, unspeakable, despicable, outrageous, shocking, disgraceful;

I don't think it will help much to call District Office, look for the correct Field Office. That way you'll get the right repose for things like people claiming campsites for the week, or trash. BTW, take a picture with a time stamp and what you've observed, send it to them. This will help the enforcement side if they need to take the equipment from the site and/or issue a citation. I know they deal with this all the time, but often only know if you report it.

The Upper C above State Bridge is the Kremmling Field Office. Below State Bridge to Dotsero will be the Colorado River Valley Field Office. Call the right office for the right rangers to respond.

Thank you Phil for recommending the proper way to handle this.

Colorado River Valley Field Office
Larry Sandoval
Field Manager
2300 River Frontage Road
Silt, CO 81652
Fax:
970-876-9090
Phone:
970-876-9000

Kremmling Field Office
Bill Mills
Field Manager
2103 E. Park Ave.
Kremmling, CO 80459
Fax:
970-724-3066
Phone:
970-724-3000

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.