Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How low can you run this? I have run it a few times but can't remember the guage readings last year. It looks like it starting to creep up and is a good after work run. Thanks. :shock:

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Its at 116 right now. it wil be bony but if you put in right at Elephant butress it will be fun anyway. 150 is a good cut off for putting in near 4 mile, although you need 250-300 for it to fill in nicely.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i ran it yesterday and the main rapids were good, but it was a definately bony in between.

there is a lot of wood in this thing right now. after the bridge that bike path goes under as well on river right. there's a tree right after the bridge that is across the entire creek - right now it's easy to avoid without getting out of your boat. after that there is some more wood dodging until you get to the first good drop then it is clean from there to eben g. fine.

i'd meet someone with a chain saw to help clean it up. other than that tree the other spots should clean up quickly and probably you don't need power tools.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd be up for doing a little wood work in BC. I may be able to get a chainsaw as well. If anyone is planning on doing some work let me know.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Swamper needed

If someone calls me today, I'll go to Boulder with my chainsaw and clean out the Boulder Creek run with them. Locals told me that it's not a one man job or I'd just go by myself. Anyway, I've got ropes, pulleys, and a saw, just need partner.

Call me at 303 277 2147 if you can do it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
maybe we can go up next week after work sometime - i've got some another friend who is willing to help? does tuesday work? there is a tree that fell across the stream right near the second bridge driving up the canyon (downstream from the bridge). we might be able to trim the branches and it'll be fine to just boat under. you can boat under it now, but you need to navigate through the branches.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Matt, can you be more specific? You say 2nd bridge, but 2nd from where? Above the course? Below? How many miles from the widow maker hole?

I could go Tuesday is there isn't something else better to run. I don't imagine it will take more than a few minutes once we are there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
2nd road bridge you cross as you're driving up the canyon, with the first one being at the mouth of the canyon and directly downstream of the crux rapid on the four mile canyon section. it's about 1.5 river miles, or so, upstream from the start of the pour-over park.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i ran i t a bunch and decided not to run under 170 too bony for my dagger ego i weigh 160-165lbs. but may go lower with a boat w/ more volume

1 - 15 of 15 Posts