Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a mid weight union suit. I've seen some loose fitting fleece ones, and thats what I'm interested in. Not really a fan of the tighter fitting liners. I checked out NRS and IR and both look to be more of a form fitting tighter fit. Anyone got any recommendations for a fleece union suit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would go for the IR one, it's my personal favourite piece or gear. It is fairly form fitting but really comfortable and warm. The neck entry is really nice as it eliminates the need/discomfort of a zipper. I wear mine skiing too!

·
addict
739 Posts
i have the IR and the NRS. the IR unitard is awesome. don't even consider another one. if you want it loose get a size larger than you normally wear.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yo Tango what size do you have?

I'm 6'2, 180, 36' waist. Looks like I'm too tall for the large, but the xl will probably be super baggy? Thoughts?

Joe

·
Registered
929 Posts
Joe you got birthing hips or what? I am 6'2 180 and 32". I rock the Large and it is perfect. A little tight in the crotchal area but that is what the ice cold rockie mountain water is for.

To the OP(Ian right?) get a larger IR suit they are da shiat. Or look at Volcom they have a union suit with the butt hole. You do realize the looser, the less efficient at keeping you warm?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another question for those who have used union suits? How does one go about taking a shit while wearing the suit? Does it have a drop bottom, or do you have to take everything off. Just wondering how about logistics of using the john at times like gore put in at 30F in april?

Also do they have a piss hole (can't remember the correct word for that hole for the life of me)? If you unzip the piss zipper of your drysuit can you get your pisser out of the union suit?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah they have a fly, aka piss hole! No zipper just a flap, works well easy to piss through a dry suit zipper. As far as taking a crap, yeah you have to take everything off.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds good. Piss hole is a must have. Can deal with the crapper issue, probably not a big deal.

Do most folks usually wear additional layering over or under the union suit or maybe both?

Thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Old school stohlquist purple fleece union suit is the bomb. Pretty friggin warm. Usually wear boxers underneath.

Kent

Sounds good. Piss hole is a must have. Can deal with the crapper issue, probably not a big deal.

Do most folks usually wear additional layering over or under the union suit or maybe both?

Thanks for all the input!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts