Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hi,

I must be getting old, or be in some kind of time warp.

Eight hundred dollars for a tarp?

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I picked up one of these a few years ago for desert trips with little kiddos: Northpole 30-foot Party Tent | Overstock.com

I think I paid $100 with shipping at the time- It's about 40 lbs as well. Probably won't hold up great under high winds, but for the $ and intended use, it's a great deal. I can fit at least a dozen people in camp chairs in it.

·
Shapp
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not really very similar and it is $500. I am guessing if you added the stuff similar to the tarp I posted about, it would be well over $800 from the website you posted just for increased materials alone.

I have seen these. Similar design, hand made and locally manufactured. I believe they will also work with you in the design if you want. All for about $300 less.

McDane Tents

·
Shapp
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I picked up one of these a few years ago for desert trips with little kiddos: Northpole 30-foot Party Tent | Overstock.com

I think I paid $100 with shipping at the time- It's about 40 lbs as well. Probably won't hold up great under high winds, but for the $ and intended use, it's a great deal. I can fit at least a dozen people in camp chairs in it.
Not looking for something somewhat like a floorless tent. Did you look at the dimensions of the snow peaks rig, giant.

I already got a floorless wonder with a wood stove.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts