Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I've got a Odyssey fishing raft that I need to patch a bunch of small holes on the floor (bucket boat). What type of glue should I get for this? I have patch material.
Thanks a ton, Shawn

Ya, Ya, I'll stop fishing once Clear CK hits 300.

·
Registered
71 Posts
older odysseys from the mid 80's were hypalon rubber,and say "toyo rubber co" on boat serial # tag,and were made in japan;newer ones are PVC,made in korea/china---if you dont know what youve got,use the universal glue---2 part stabond.if you post a photo,i probably can i.d. it.hope that helps

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was new in 97' so it should be PVC. Will any PVC glue from a hardware store work?
Thanks a ton

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
NO, No and No. Call an kayak shop in your area and see in they have stabond 2 part glue. Instructions here: NRS

Get the MEK from local hardware. (nasty stuff... use a respirator when working with it and go easy... it will melt the PVC if you use to much)

I use a sanding block from 3M and a random roller from the hardware store.
A cheap paintbrush work well to spread glue.

Take your time and do it right.

·
Registered
71 Posts
no---thats the biggest mistake boaters do.hardware PVC glue is not flexible when dried(its meant to bond stiff plastic pipes only);raft PVC glue is flexible when dried(examples---vynabond,stabond,clifton urethane glues,etc.).

·
Super Moderator
4,122 Posts
Call an kayak shop in your area...
Better yet, call a raft shop and ask them for glue to fix a PVC boat, tell them the make and model, etc....

Are you sure the floor's made of PVC?

-AH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts