Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q.1 Is there any vehicle shuttle from say, Griz Creek to New Castle. I find lots of bike shuttles, and old links to others, but nothing like for the Upper C/Gunni/Westwater/etc.

Q.2 Is there camping along the section from Griz Creek down. I've seen guys camping in the trees at Tibbetts, but I assumed it was a 'don't ask' sort of arrangement. I'd like to go further down, maybe turn it into a two day driftboat fishing trip.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
For Q1, are you asking for a local shuttle service?

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
Q2 there isna small blm parcel between new castle and silt accessible from the road and river on the southside of the river. After that there is some more going towards rifle. Contact the silt blm office for more info.
You can bike then rfta bus to do shuttle(with bike) theres a morning schedule and an evening schedule(rfta.com, hogback schedule)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping to do something lazy, like I do for Ruby/Westwater, etc. Just sign a form, give money, leave keys, and find my truck at the takeout two days later.

I guess the section I want is New Castle to Plateau Creek, with the 15 miles of Griz to Tibbetts thrown in.

But, your info at least gives me a start. Hadn't though of asking BLM, driven by their office often enough....

·
Registered
193 Posts
q1 - look at your hand, make a fist, stick your thumb out. there's your shuttle bout anywhere between griz and rifle.

q2 - if the site pinemnky13 is where i think it is, i did some recon there one time and found a chicken head in the grass. camping there you may be the most popular guy at a satanic ritual...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Charm Shuttles, per the lmgtfy link above. They leave a card every time I park at any takeout in the Roaring a Fork Valley.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, so they still exist. I found mention of them, but no website, no other info; thought they might be gone.

This is all very useful. Thanks.

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
Charm was told by the forest service that she could no longer run shuttles from grizzly or Shoshone. I think I have the cards in my truck. I'll pat later or tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL, I know John. No, I won't pay him to be my guide. I've fished that whole drainage longer and better than he can dream of.

·
Registered
30 Posts
just call the number, no one is going to tell you online or in print.

They have been warned by someone, so they cant advertise it,

do you want a ride or not.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I was hoping to do something lazy, like I do for Ruby/Westwater, etc. Just sign a form, give money, leave keys, and find my truck at the takeout two days later.

I guess the section I want is New Castle to Plateau Creek, with the 15 miles of Griz to Tibbetts thrown in.

But, your info at least gives me a start. Hadn't though of asking BLM, driven by their office often enough....
How you gonna take out at Plateau Creek? You gonna run the roller dam?

·
Registered
429 Posts
You won't get to plateau Creek without running the dam, but there is a dirt ramp in the loop where the highway goes through the tunnel. You have to access from east bound I70 only, and can only continue east from there

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

1 - 18 of 18 Posts