Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a few boaters to travel the Rio Grande Gorge with me in early June.

Put in at Lobato's Bridge and take out at Lee Trail. I have run this stretch a few times many years ago. The plan is carry minimal gear on boats and camp in the canyon somewhere near the New Mexico State line. The online guide may say this is not possible, but there are several benches at the river level. This is a very beautiful, remote and seldom traveled stretch with lots of wildlife. The water is barely class II with long flat stretches. I have a big truck and a reliable local shuttle. Looking for a few IK's or Kayakers (a tiny raft? The take out is a tough one) to join the trip. Will set a date as time gets near and looking for a runnable water level. This is a different than most river trip, but so may the rewards be different as well.

Vern B

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Interested, but I would really prefer to start at Lasauses and spend a night above Lobatos. It would be nice to catch both stretches at once...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't run the river above Lobato's, have you? I got the time for an extra day if you do. Keep in touch and we'll work this one out.
Vern

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rio Grande Ute Mtn Run

I got busy, but still looking for a few boaters that are interested in running the Rio Grande the first week of June. A bit more water is running there and it may be runnable. Contact me,

Vern

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rio Grande Gorge Trip is on

Last chance to join us. We will launch on June 4. Expecting very low water, but ready to see this canyon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would like to go but can not leave on Thursday. I live in Golden and please contact me in the future. Scott at 303-909-2450. Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts