Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning an easy float trip this Friday from rancho to two bridges. Current flow rate is 6800cfs. I have a super puma with DRE captains seat. Can I squeeze under the bridge at these flows? Will I need to use alternate take out? As a backup plan I was considering Two bridges to catamount but I have never run this stretch. Are there any safety hazards, low bridges on that stretch I should be concerned about?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was planning an easy float trip this Friday from rancho to two bridges. Current flow rate is 6800cfs. I have a super puma with DRE captains seat. Can I squeeze under the bridge at these flows? Will I need to use alternate take out? As a backup plan I was considering Two bridges to catamount but I have never run this stretch. Are there any safety hazards, low bridges on that stretch I should be concerned about?
Last week at 6300 they had already opened the alternate takeout at Two Bridges, I made it under the bridge in my 12' oar boat but not without dismounting from my chair and laying low. I'm guessing that the River road bridge at Catamount is passable at this level.

Let me know how the Catamount run goes, I'm looking taking it 6/27.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We took out at Two Bridges on Sunday. We did not try to go under the second bridge as it looked very tight, and it is easy to take out between the bridges (the alternate takeout PoppyOscar mentions). You can back a trailer down to the river there.

I have a cooler seat and I'm confident there would have been enough room, but the other boat had a DRE seat which was clearly too high. The river is now higher than last weekend, so I think it would be a very tight fit. You would be better off just taking out above the bridge.

We saw no other obvious hazards on this stretch - it was all straightforward fun.

·
FISHTARD
74 Posts
The guy in the trailer at statebridge put in will tell ya, he will also offer you some tequila. Id recommend talking to him.

·
Super Moderator
4,061 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Two Bridges to Catamount

Two Bridges to Catamount is a very easy float with no hazards and only a few minor Class IIs. It is about nine miles. There is one bridge, but I don't think it would present any hazards.

Toby Sprunk
Eagle County Open Space
970-471-6776

1 - 6 of 6 Posts