Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
That crazy lady will spend some time in jail. You can't shoot people for trespassing. It's pretty obvious the little hick and preger's girlfriend posed no eminent threat. Although I do think all of them including Annie Oakley fall under the "stupid people with no common sense" thread.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
About 15 years ago a buddy of mine and I took his folks down the Poudre below Filter plant on sit-on-tops - dumb idea, because as many of you know, there are a nasty diversion dam with deadly 3' aerator concrete teeth at the base of a 6-8' slide.

We came around the corner and saw it, and my friend's mom freaked out, tipped and swam. We were able to get her to shore before the drop, but had to get onto some old dude's private property. He comes running out, red-faced and yelling, to get off his property. We told him sorry, but we had to trespass because of the safety issue. He said "I don't care- get back in the water and go die in that dam!". Dude was apoplectic - I thought he was going to stroke out right there, he was so angry. I also have no doubt that if he had a gun, he would have shot at us.

Believe me, it took every amount of constraint we had not to break that guy's jaw for trying to make a 50 year old shivering woman get back on a boat and float over a death trap. We quickly portaged the dam with him yelling at us, and we did have the sheriff waiting for us at our takeout, but he didn't cite us or anything. It was one of the few times in my life that I actually felt the I wanted to kill someone.

So don't go boating down that section of the Poudre thinking you'll get a I-II float. I can't imagine that guy is still alive (and yes, I hope his ticker did blow up, the evil fuck), so maybe the portage issue isn't as volatile, but it isn't a worthy section regardless.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its redneck law they will shoot anything that crosses there property line, its like they think people are out to get them. In Washington State iam pretty sure you don't have any property rights 5 or 10 feet from the rivers water line, this should be the same every wear.

·
Registered
458 Posts
JC - A-F'n-MEN !!! the rivers should belong to EVERYONE! Under the guidance and protection of Rangers and BLM officers.

·
Registered
648 Posts
hmmm and here a few people on here thought I was nuts for occasionally packing heat in my boat....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts