Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other post on this topic has become lame. I was wondering why the original author of the previous post is buying the W80 when the reviews gave it a lesser rating. I uberstand the D10 is bulky and I wouldn't buy it to put in my pfd ( even though I love my powershot), but the panasonic ts1 got a higher rating than the pentax cameras. The only real concern they had was the flash wasn't that great and the ergonomics are a bit to get used to.

·
The Russian
1,389 Posts
I've had W10 in the past, Westwater took that camera. I really enjoyed it. It worked great, took great video, pictures were so so. Then I switched to Olympus waterproof camera, because it gave me wider angle of view. Used that for a year and now I want HD, I want wide angle and I want bulletproof. I really don't think you can beat GoPro HD camera for whitewater.

As soon as my camera gets here, I will be carrying that on the water and my Panasonic LX3 on the dry land.

But in the sense of TS1 vs W80, I've done the same research before finding out about GoPro HD, I was really leaning towards TS1. I have Panasonic LX3 camera and I love that little thing. Takes great photo in auto mode and gives me ability to do all manual controls.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts