Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you all have trouble staying logged in here at Mountain Buzz. I keep having troubles where I select the system to save my login info (via cookie) and nearly each time I return I have to login again.

It seems that this mostly happens when I am using Avant Browser (extension of Internet Explorer) and I seem to stay logged in when using Firefox.

Is anyone else having trouble staying logged in?

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I am having the same problem and have had it for months. I assumed it was a way of telling me to quit posting so much.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don't think it is a problem about the cookies getting set. I think that the cookies aren't read until you try and perform an action that requires them, at which point you are authenticated in and then redirected to the main page (which is annoying, since you were trying to do something). So when you first arrive it appears as if you have to log in again, although all you need to do is force it by performing an action that requires authentication.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have the same problem. I bought a new computer after I quit my job, and it does it on the new one too. I check the box to keep me logged in, but almost every time I come on, I'm logged out. For example, it says "Log in to check private messages."

My guess is the cookie and the coding, but I'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
shouldnt have complained, logs me off everytime now and then it takes two times to log back in.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm, well I am glad it is not just me but now I have to figure out what is up. I will post back ASAP, I know how annoying it is to have login every time...

FYI - I plan to reload all the old posts that were purged before the last server move. I figure the more info we have in the DB the better. Once the forum software is upgraded to vBulletin it will show you related discussions (so you can see other discussions about certain runs, rivers, etc).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts