Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a great San Juan Float this spring, I managed to drag not one but two deflated and rolled up Tomcat duckies down the dirt road and onto the highway. I still had a smile on my face until I pulled over to take a pee and discovered the carnage. They were strapped to the top of my trailer with other gear but managed to slide forward and in front of the trailer as I pounded up the washboard road. Both ducks had extensive damage to one side (tube) only. One was beyond hope so I cannibalized the damaged tube for patching material and fixed the surviving boat. This had the positive result of giving me some repair experience in a controlled environment. The repairs (inner bladder and outer hull material) came out great and I have had it on the water several times since.
So now I'm wanting to repair the cannibalized boat and I need a working side tube/bladder. It is connected to the floor with a sewn seam and I have access to an industrial strength sewing machine. Do any of you boaters have one that you could sponsor/donate/sell? The boat is laterally symmetrical so either side will work. If this works, your boat could live again. Kind of like separating siamese twins in reverse. Thanks -

1 - 1 of 1 Posts