Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a rumor that Aire are going to change fabrics for their Tributary line for 2015. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it is true can anyone tell me about it. If it?

I hope it is as good or better. I really like the Tribs for the money and was hoping to pull the trigger on one this spring. If the fabric is better, maybe I should wait.

·
Vendor
65 Posts
Tributary

Hello FatGuynaLitlBoat,

Yes, Tributary is getting a whole new look and fabric in 2015. I would have it all posted to our website, be we are literally about 2 weeks away from launching a new site, so I have not done any updates to the old site.

When comparing specs, the new fabric is "as good or better" The old Tribs had a base denier of 1670 and a material weight of 37 Oz. Per Square Yard. The New Fabric has base denier of 2000 and is 42 Oz. Per Square Yard. The old fabric was the same brand we use on our AIRE products (Ferrari), we liked the Ferrari because their manufacturing process creates a light, strong fabric. Unfortunately, it was causing us to price Tributary right out of the market. So we went on a year and a half long quest to find comparable fabric in tear strength, abrasion resistance and durability. We found it!

There is a price to weight trade off. We were able to bring the price of Tributary down, but the weight of the boats went up a little, (42 vs. 37 oz per square yard).

The Price of the New Tributary Line:
Trib Sixteen HD with 2 thwarts: $2,999.00
Trib Fourteen HD with 2 thwarts: $2,699.00
Trib Thirteen HD with 2 thwarts: $2,499.00
Trib Twelve HD with 2 thwarts: $2,199.00
Trib Nine.Five HD with 1 thwart: $1,599.00

Other Changes:
-We switched out the old hing/pin thwart system for the strap in thwarts.
-New colors: Trib 16 & 13 Grey with Blue, Trib 14, 12, 9.5 Blue with Grey.

Cheers,
Sheena Coles
AIRE Marketing

Attachments

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Hope that grey isn't really as dark as it looks in that image?....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Sheena. I went to your site first, but for some reason I have a VERY difficult time accessing aire.com. My computer/net only works on your site about half of the time and that half is EXTREMELY slow. I'm pretty sure it is my computer or network but I havent been able to solve the problem. Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hello FatGuynaLitlBoat,

Yes, Tributary is getting a whole new look and fabric in 2015. I would have it all posted to our website, be we are literally about 2 weeks away from launching a new site, so I have not done any updates to the old site.

When comparing specs, the new fabric is "as good or better" The old Tribs had a base denier of 1670 and a material weight of 37 Oz. Per Square Yard. The New Fabric has base denier of 2000 and is 42 Oz. Per Square Yard. The old fabric was the same brand we use on our AIRE products (Ferrari), we liked the Ferrari because their manufacturing process creates a light, strong fabric. Unfortunately, it was causing us to price Tributary right out of the market. So we went on a year and a half long quest to find comparable fabric in tear strength, abrasion resistance and durability. We found it!

There is a price to weight trade off. We were able to bring the price of Tributary down, but the weight of the boats went up a little, (42 vs. 37 oz per square yard).

The Price of the New Tributary Line:
Trib Sixteen HD with 2 thwarts: $2,999.00
Trib Fourteen HD with 2 thwarts: $2,699.00
Trib Thirteen HD with 2 thwarts: $2,499.00
Trib Twelve HD with 2 thwarts: $2,199.00
Trib Nine.Five HD with 1 thwart: $1,599.00

Other Changes:
-We switched out the old hing/pin thwart system for the strap in thwarts.
-New colors: Trib 16 & 13 Grey with Blue, Trib 14, 12, 9.5 Blue with Grey.

Cheers,
Sheena Coles
AIRE Marketing
New site?! Sweet. I will have to check it out.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Interesting trade off - 10% retail price savings and 13.5% weight gain - assuming I didn't fumble the math there. Nice price on the close-out older model Tribs.

·
Vendor
65 Posts
Heavier? Yes.

Interesting trade off - 10% retail price savings and 13.5% weight gain - assuming I didn't fumble the math there. Nice price on the close-out older model Tribs.
The weight gain is actually even more than the 13.5% ratio because of the increased base denier as well. ;) I have all the new specs from the design department, but the weight wasn't on the .pdf they sent. I have an email in to them, when I get the weights, I'll post them to this thread.

Yes, the closeout Tribs are priced to move!

~Sheena Coles

·
Registered
216 Posts
Are the IKs going to be affected?

Is the Tributary IK line also going to see a change in fabric in 2015? If so are they going to be heavier as well?

·
Vendor
65 Posts
Changes

Are there any other changes to the boats? Any redesign or different shape?
Not really, all the raft designs are the same. We did adjust the floor AIREcells a little to take out a "bowing" problem we were seeing. (The Floor was pulling the raft in so it looked the the rafts were bending just a little.)

All the boats are going to come with 2 strap in thwarts now, instead of the hing/pin thwarts. Except for the 9.5, that will come with 1 strap in thwart.

~Sheena Coles

·
Vendor
65 Posts
Trib Kayak

Is the Tributary IK line also going to see a change in fabric in 2015? If so are they going to be heavier as well?
The changes in 2015 are just the Trib Rafts. The Trib Kayaks are going to be getting new fabric in 2016. I believe the fabric we have selected for the Trib kayaks (and Fish Cat Pontoons, for anyone interested) is really comparable to our current 30oz fabric. I doubt there will be a big change in weight to the kayak line.

~Sheena Coles

·
Vendor
65 Posts
Dropstitch?

Will they have a dropstitch floor?
No, they will have the standard regular floor pocket with a urethane coated nylon AIREcell.

Honestly, we have tested and tried dropstitch, but our US factory is not set up for gluing. The dropstitch samples we have tried from China tested out to be a warranty nightmare waiting to happen. We have played with some weldable drop stitch, but have yet to find something we like or that looks good. Dropstitch is cool stuff, but to do it right, we would need to take on some business investments.

~Sheena Coles

·
Beginner
2,484 Posts
Yes, It will have info on the BAKraft Hybrid! However, it won't be for sale until this Spring. We are trying to shave just a few more oz. off. :D

Sheena Coles
Sweet! Thanks Sheena! Any info on price yet?

Sorry to threadjack y'all, but the Bakraft looks bad ass!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Sheena,

New Tributary looks great. Glad to hear about the removal of the knuckle thwart attachments as well. I see the Pantone color for the grey...what is the Pantone for the Blue? Some of the pics I've seen vary between closer to a royal blue vs. a purple, which might just be lighting or quality of camera? Just wondering, as I'm looking pretty seriously at one of these.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts