This will work just fine. We did this last summer with no significant issues. Note that the DI will freeze almost anything solid - including beers which (as mentioned elsewhere on these threads) will split most cans.Looking at 3 days travel time needing to keep well-frozen food frozen. Dry ice has been suggested as best. I've been told that one cooler, vented when we stop would probably not be an issue. ? thanks
Carbon dioxide is not poisonous. It's what we breath out. Carbon Monoxide.....That's a different story.Keep in mind that dry ice sublimates directly in to poisonous carbon dioxide gas. Don't put it in the back seat with the windows up and A/C on. That stuff can kill you.