Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, just got a 13 foot raft aprox 6.25 wide and wondering what trailer sizes would work for it minimum wise. Not trying to spend a ton this year since i splurged on the raft, just looking for something to get me through until i can get something better next year thanks

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Hello folks, just got a 13 foot raft aprox 6.25 wide and wondering what trailer sizes would work for it minimum wise. Not trying to spend a ton this year since i splurged on the raft, just looking for something to get me through until i can get something better next year thanks
Lot of folks use snowmobile trailers, you can generally find them on craigslist for a decent price.

·
Definite maybe
879 Posts
I pulled a 14 foot boat on 6x8 flat trailer with a Subaru for years. I regret selling that little trailer sometimes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This may help. I just put 10' PVC pipe mounted down the sides of my sled trailer - works great. With little wheels, be sure to always have a spare as those things are easy to blow out, and really only rated for >65 mph.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pics of the final product. Wish I could run another piece of PVC down the center but it creates issues in the winter when I want to throw my sled on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone, i was wondering if a 8 foot length would be big enough thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That all depends on how long the tongue is, and how the weight is distributed. Can only push it so far forward before it makes contact with the back of the vehicle. If it is too far back it will fishtail all over the place.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
That all depends on how long the tongue is, and how the weight is distributed. Can only push it so far forward before it makes contact with the back of the vehicle. If it is too far back it will fishtail all over the place.

Hope this helps.
Good point, the bulk of the weight should always be forward of the axle

Reactions: bolinj
1 - 9 of 9 Posts