Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Come and open the gate
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the the overall length of your trailer?

I have a 14' raft

I am looking at moving around some fences in my yard to make room for parking a trailer, and am trying to figure out the approximate overall length of the truck/trailer/raft all loaded up.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Flatbed? I have a 5'x8' utility trailer overall it is 12'x 7'. I can easily haul two 14ft boats with all the gear for a multiday trip or strap 2x4s on across the top and create a deck to transport the raft inflated for day trips.

If you are looking at a flatbed and don't want raft hanging over you are looking at a 8'x16' deck, add 2' in width for the tires and 3-4; of length for the tongue. You don't have the space for that size trailer you can always get a smaller trailer and have the raft hang over a bit. I used a Harbor Freight trailer with a 10'x6' deck for my 12 foot raft.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you have the room get a full size flatbed that protects your raft.
Otherwise, get mud flaps if you build a cheap 5x8 harbor freight trailer.
Dirt roads kick up lots of rocks.
I have a 14ft raft that sits on a 7x14 flatbed that is 18ft in total length.
Plenty of room for it in my garage but wasn't cheap.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I have a storage business. Most flat bed or utility trailers I see are between 16' to 22', tongue to tail.

Here is another way to look at it. When stripping a parking lot, the stripes are generally laid out to be 18' long. and 8' wide. A double long space would be 36'. Does your truck and trailer fit in a double long parking space?

·
Come and open the gate
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys.

sounds like as short as 12-14 ft but im looking at more like 16-20 for a flat bed.

my truck is 16.5 feet, and on the high end with a 20 foot trailer in 36.5 feet long.

i have about 40 feet to work with as far as a parking area for the truck and trailer so i should be good... I hope...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts