Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Apologies in advance if this has been covered.

I just bought a 14 foot raft. Planning on doing a DRE fishing frame but need to get a trailer. I've checked around the front range and it would seem that a trailer runs around 2k new (from places like allamericandenver.com, classictrailersales.com, etc.). I'm thinking about a 7ft x 12ft most likely but am open to suggestions. Is there any places where you get get something closer to $1300 or is 2k the standard?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Utility trailer

I bought a utility trailer from Jax Farm and Ranch in Lafayette. It is a 5x10 and I also have a 14 ft. raft. The reason I bought it was it had 15" wheels which I preferred over the smaller wheels. It cost $1229 but I will have to make some modifications for the raft. Use the search function here to check on trailers and you'll find lot's of info.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If you can travel for it there is a couple trailers on western slope craigslist. They need a little work but here is a before and after of the one o bought in fruita. Gotta love reviving old iron.

Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,227 Posts
Get a used tilt bed aluminum sledbed and cut some tie-down holes in the siderails. Load your boat at home and tilt to slide into the water at the rio.

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
Click the link. Find a trailer. Mod it out with your welder buddy.

LINK>Click Here

·
Registered
94 Posts
I also bought new a 15" wheel utility trailer (1200$ new out the door as I remember) and enclosed the sides with hinge back gate, flat top and roller...storage underneath, but not tall enough to put coolers....pulls well at 80mph and handles bad dirt roads behind my Honda Pilot and Subaru outback...the "weekend" job with hand/power tools took several weekends of halftime work....I wanted bigger tires than a snowmobile trailer, but no real experience with those....I decided I needed something within the month and didn't find something used quickly that I liked.....Chet

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the help here. I really appreciate it.

In another thread, I saw someone mention Ark Welders so I'm going to try to hit them up along with some of the others mentioned here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I spoke with Will from Ark Welders.... super nice guy. He had a lot of great advice.

Left a message for ratraxinc.com and waiting to hear back. Will keep digging and researching.

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Can anyone recommend a welder in Denver who can do modifications to a utility trailer? I checked out Ark Welders but it would be nice to finds someone closer to home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fort Collins Welder.

I'm not sure if this helps. He did a winch mount for my trailer. I can send or include a picture if you like. very reasonable and good quality. He works on trailers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In looking around the intertubes for research on trailers, I did come across these guys: Cowboy Metal Products

I can't speak to their work however as I've never used them but it would seem like they know what they are doing and in Denver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts