Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
for a week long trip, have everyone bring 2 rolls of tp each.

everyone can bring their favorite (yes, some people have tp issues).
no bothering the tl. (hey tl, we're out of tp!)
if the crapper is out of paper, they can get some from their stash.
the tp is not in one spot (not all your eggs in one basket).

i don't know, seems to work.

bob

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
If I remember correctly, we bring one roll per person plus 2 extra rolls for a week long trip. The trick is to get the right kind of TP. Scott extra strong....1000 sheets per roll. Those fluffy rolls (even if they're double rolls) only have about 250-300 sheets. I've never had anyone complain about TP issues.
KJ

·
SarahofTheWaves
364 Posts
You can ask people to bring TP but bring some back up. Usually, the person responsible for the groover would bring the some, the TL bring some, and the TP particular bring their favorite...
It is fine to pare down the tp at the put-in. Not enough TP and the trip would be unhealthy and unhappy.
And don't forget disposable gloves.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I tell them to bring their own and whatever they are comfortable with. Id rather have them fill their drybag with TP than something heavy.

Then i bring two extra rolls of the cheapest roughest stuff i can find, just in case they have underestimated their powers

Never had anyone run out AFTER the first trip!!!

Now while on the subject, time to put down the phone, wipe, flush, and get back to work!!!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
14 sheets per person per day (poo only)

add:
30% per liter of Wild Turkey consumed
20% for green chili type dinners
15% for personal PBR consumption over 20 per day
50% for class V scouts following breakfast but before launching

Subtract:

30% per MRE meal
22% if you're wearing boardshorts and swimming(free bidet)
37% for low fiber processed foods

·
Super Moderator
2,872 Posts
So when you have someone bring their own tp, then you have people walking around carrying their own personal roll around and sticking it in their drybag? Or their own raft or....just sounds cockeyed to me. All the poopy. Once the TP is removed from clean storage it should stay with TP supplies not go back into a dry bag or dry box after use.

That's gross. And if you tell me that you have never had an ... "issue" that caused at least a chance of getting your poopy hands on the roll or the zip lock, or had a TP breach code brown or whatever - you are fooling yourself.

If it hasn't it will. That's why I tell EVERYONE on my trips I want to see some hand washing everytime you step into the kitchen.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Relax there clean freak. Nobody wants to stuff a used roll back in their drybags. Although its not gonna be any less sanitary as the one in your bathroom at home

I've got a groover pelican case whoever breaks down the toilet sanitizes the lid, puts the paper in a ziplock, then puts lid and ziplock in the pelican. When the paper gets low whoever notices it gets a fresh roll from another camper

Also hand sanitizer located in the groover box and again at the kitchen

I would hope your rafting crew cleaned their hands after using the groover --- but maybe you need to spend more time with them working on their habits and less time raising a stink about ours :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
no tp.

There's plenty of leaves in the forest. Just remember to reach up for leaves. The ones near the forest floor cause some nasty rashes and itchyness (don't ask how I know...).

·
Registered
194 Posts
So when you have someone bring their own tp, then you have people walking around carrying their own personal roll around and sticking it in their drybag? Or their own raft or....just sounds cockeyed to me.
It's not so "cockeyed." Carrying your own TP is simple and it eliminates having one person needing to calculate how much to bring for everyone.
Try it, you may like it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's not so "cockeyed." Carrying your own TP is simple and it eliminates having one person needing to calculate how much to bring for everyone.
Try it, you may like it.
Besides- it's always nice to compare TP brands if you run out of things to talk about.... :cool:

·
Registered
228 Posts
It's been awhile since I've read an entire thread out loud to my husband so we can laugh our butts off. This thread is hilarious. My conclusion - I'm buying all the toilet paper for my Deso trip. I can't believe there wasn't an intense discussion about the different levels of TP consumption between men and women. My hubby yells about it all the time living with 3 girls.

·
SarahofTheWaves
364 Posts
Yes, mtriverrat, did not want to bring up the female vs male consumption issue. My take is women use more TP and men use more time sitting on the pot.
It is pretty hilarious.

·
Registered
308 Posts
A famos river outfitter taught us how to use only 1 sheet of tp per poo,yes it can be done! He learned it from a family trip with a group of little girls that used most of the tp in 2 days. For demenstration purpouses you need 1 square of tp. Ok here's the trick. Fold the sheet in half to a triangle shape,then fold in half again to make another triangle.Now carefully tear a small piece from the folded corner an set it aside (don't lose it!) Now do the poo,then unfold the single sheet of tp that now has a hole in the center of it.Place your index finger through the hole and do the cleaning job,then clean the finger.As for that little corner you saved? Use that to clean your finger nail.....Trust me this demonstration at the start of the tip will have everyone conserving tp!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts