1. Brett Redding 23.28.20
2. Bryan Kirk 23.29.00
3. Don Beverage 23.45.00

8.1 to 10 feet kayaks:
1. Ollie Dose 22.54.40
2. Ross Herr 23.53
3. Cutch 24.05.80

over 10 feet:
1. Ken Oliver 20.45.00 (fastest time of the day)
2. hobie 20.46.80
3. Evan Ross 22.18.80

Womens:
Under 8 feet:
1. Tracy Tate 24.59.90

Over 8:
1. Darcy Geachter 24.46.60
2. Tina Swan 27.30.30
3. Lainey Daniels 28.47.70

Creatures:
1. Creature 1 35.17.90
2. Water Dragon 37.31.00
3. Throbbing Members 37.43.30

Rafts:
1. Behind the 8 Ball 22.59.20
2. TLT 25.27.60
3. No Team Name 25.52.60

I am not the timer or keeper of the times, I just recieved this and posted it. Enjoy. Lisa is trying to get full results up on the site today.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Those times are from where to where? Where is the start and where is the finish? I wasn't there but I alway thought the race was from the put in to the take out.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Dang... That was some very tight times there! Congrats to Hobie and all on placing!

What were you paddling Hobie? and Also Ken Oliver???

Don/Darcey... where are you two these days? Heading to Gauley again this year?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Ken Oliver was in what I am pretty sure was a glass boat. Hobie was in the Dagger Green boat.

Count also was going to paddle a glass boat, but his broke the previous day - in half.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ken had a 13 foot glass boat made by Savage years ago. Quick kayak! I was in the Green boat. Ken is a very good paddler and showed up with his A game Saturday. Tough to loose by that margin but I gave it my best. Next year....., next year.

hobie

·
Tim Kennedy
119 Posts
Full results are up on www.gorecanyon.com. The times are correct. However, some of the classifications may not be. A couple of folks weren't too sure how long their boats were. Since it was on the honor system, I don't think that the organizers at registration got boat make and model info from the racers to verify.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who participated, volunteered, and spectated. It was a great day.

BTW, Ken was paddling a pristine Phoenix Savage kayak. Faster than a Slipper but not as fast as the Cascade. It was manufactured by Phoenix Kayaks in Kentucky, no relation to Savage Designs that Corran Addison was involved with. Google Phoenix Kayaks to find out more. They are still producing some designs under the company name of Pokeboats or something. They are a bit more expensive now than in 1989 when I bought a brand new Slipper for $450.00. There are still a few mint condition Phoenix boats lurking around the garages and sheds of the midwest.

TK

·
Registered
170 Posts
Dang... That was some very tight times there! Congrats to Hobie and all on placing!

What were you paddling Hobie? and Also Ken Oliver???

Don/Darcey... where are you two these days? Heading to Gauley again this year?
Hey Marty,

Darcy here. Don and I are in Aspen right now. I'm having knee surgies between Gore canyon races, and Don is working. We'll be here until I recover from this most recent surgery (probably mid-Sept) then we are heading to Idaho,WA and BC to try to make up for an entire summer's worth of paddling before we head back to Ecuador in late October. Unfortunately, no Gauley for us, how about you?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some results:

Under 8ft kayak:
1. Brett Redding 23.28.20
2. Bryan Kirk 23.29.00
3. Don Beverage 23.45.00

8.1 to 10 feet kayaks:
1. Ollie Dose 22.54.40
2. Ross Herr 23.53
3. Cutch 24.05.80

over 10 feet:
1. Ken Oliver 20.45.00 (fastest time of the day)
2. hobie 20.46.80
3. Evan Ross 22.18.80

Womens:
Under 8 feet:
1. Tracy Tate 24.59.90

Over 8:
1. Darcy Geachter 24.46.60
2. Tina Swan 27.30.30
3. Lainey Daniels 28.47.70

Creatures:
1. Creature 1 35.17.90
2. Water Dragon 37.31.00
3. Throbbing Members 37.43.30

Rafts:
1. Behind the 8 Ball 22.59.20
2. TLT 25.27.60
3. No Team Name 25.52.60

I am not the timer or keeper of the times, I just recieved this and posted it. Enjoy. Lisa is trying to get full results up on the site today.

make that 24:26:60 for our gal darcy;);)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Brent Reddon

I believe the short boat winner was not Brett Redding, but The Man, The Myth, The Legend, Brent Reddon. Eagle County Representin'.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Eagle County Representin'.

I didnt want to get into this but now I have to. I dont know if I know you or not, but if you are going to talk the talk for your fellow eagle county boater get the facts straight. Now that you got Brent's name right, realize that he is a GREAT boater but actually took 2nd in the 8'1'' -10' division. A Jefe Grande is not 8 or under. Brian Kirk won the short boat division. Period...sorry eagle county.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Full results are up on www.gorecanyon.com. The times are correct. However, some of the classifications may not be. A couple of folks weren't too sure how long their boats were. Since it was on the honor system, I don't think that the organizers at registration got boat make and model info from the racers to verify.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who participated, volunteered, and spectated. It was a great day.

BTW, Ken was paddling a pristine Phoenix Savage kayak. Faster than a Slipper but not as fast as the Cascade. It was manufactured by Phoenix Kayaks in Kentucky, no relation to Savage Designs that Corran Addison was involved with. Google Phoenix Kayaks to find out more. They are still producing some designs under the company name of Pokeboats or something. They are a bit more expensive now than in 1989 when I bought a brand new Slipper for $450.00. There are still a few mint condition Phoenix boats lurking around the garages and sheds of the midwest.

TK

wow....a Phoenix Savage. Haven't heard that name in a long time. For any who remember the old sckool boats....the Savage was similar to the even older Lettman Mark IV (or was it Mark V?) that was a "slalom" boat from the early days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts