Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy full or partial 4 packs for keystoned.
The 3 year old is coming along faster than thought and we need extra days for the wife.

If you need to unload some extra 4 pack days let me know.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn bob, hate is a strong word for someone who threw down the cash for a pass this year. What happened?

Can season passes be transfered, not sure we are up for $200, probably only 4-5 days the 3 year old will make it up for the rest of the season.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
SSOWDEN;128429Can season passes be transfered said:
No, if you get caught using Bob's pass it will most likely be confiscated and you will be out $200.

Next time you go up hit up some lifties and try to buy their extra comps. Most of them will have extras and need $ (that's assuming Vail/Summit resorts provide a certain # of comps to their empolyees, like Monarch).

Also check Craig's list.
Good luck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
SSOWDEN;128429Can season passes be transfered said:
No, if you get caught using Bob's pass it will most likely be confiscated and you will be out $200.

Next time you go up hit up some lifties and try to buy their extra comps. Most of them will have extras and need $ (that's assuming Vail/Summit resorts provide a certain # of comps to their empolyees, like Monarch).

Also check Craig's list.
Good luck.
vail resorts doesnt give seasonal employees any comps until you have been working there for 5 years. then you get 2. its a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
pass

Turns out, it is NOT transferable, sorry. I called this afternoon. looks like someone else had clarifyed that already.

·
Registered
844 Posts
vail resorts doesnt give seasonal employees any comps until you have been working there for 5 years. then you get 2. its a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
Sweet deal, my ass! I used to get 14 comps from Copper when I worked there and I had a sweet setup one year and got 38! Those days are long gone and my buddy who still works there gets 7 full comps good at WP and SB plus a bunch of half price tics. Got to ski steamboat on his comps two weeks ago when they got hit big!

·
Super Moderator
3,885 Posts
Are those 4-packs good at Breck too?

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
"Just to interject here - that wasn't my quote."-Logan

Sweet deal, my ass! I used to get 14 comps from Copper when I worked there and I had a sweet setup one year and got 38! Those days are long gone and my buddy who still works there gets 7 full comps good at WP and SB plus a bunch of half price tics. Got to ski steamboat on his comps two weeks ago when they got hit big!
I totally agree Snowhere, I was getting 8-10 comps a season when I was working at Monarch, and my girls' mother has worked at Copper for 20+ years and (up until this season) would get 20+ comps per season. I am keeping in mind that Vail's ticket are $100 compared to $50 at Monarch, but that still sounds a little stingy. Does Keystone/Breck/ABasin have the same comp policy as Vail? If so F*CK that, just another reason to move to the central or southern mountains.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Steamboat gives two comps/season to first year full timers and gradually increases to a max of I think eight after 10 or so years. That was last season anyway.

·
Registered
144 Posts
With the new style of passes at vail resorts you could actually get away with it. the new passes don't even come outta your pocket, you just point to where it is on yourself and the stoned lifty scans it. I still have 2 comps left if you wanna barter for them.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I thought your picture came up on their little scanner thingy when they scanned your pass? You'd still have to look like the passholder right?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Your picture, profile, and all the other stats those passes hold come up each time its scanned and the output on the scanners is color I believe. Many times they thank you by name after scanning it, and a buddy was asked to give all his information at Beaver Creek by one of the lifties to verify it was him.

Its weird though, being a pass holder for a while now, my picture is from quite a few passes ago, maybe even college days, so I look nothing like that anymore if they really were looking to challenge pictures.....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what I have gathered is that no one buys too many days on 4 packs and many folks are trying to scam the man instead of looking for discount prices.
Come on man, you know someone who had bad luck this season and has days left-hook a brother up!

I stopped tyring to scam the man(in such obvious ways) when I turned 21, love living viacariouslyousewously(man that is a long word) thru da buzz.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts