Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colorado Kayaking friends... We could really use 8 or so eyes and hands on the water for our Tuesday Adaptive Paddling and Sailing at Bear Creek Lake Park in Morrison.

We have roughly 50 attending from the VA, many of whom are just returning from combat. Inpatients from Craig Hospital and members with adaptive needs from the Denver and surrounding communities. All these people trying to se how accessible our amazing sport of kayaking and paddling truly is.

Ever see a quadriplegic in a kayak or someone that's blind tackle you in the middle of a lake? Practice your rolls, give some pointers and watch for learning moments to guiding a blind paddler. Come experience it!
Email us if you're interested in volunteering.

Where: Bear Creek Lakre Park- Morrison
When- TONIGHT from 4:7 (can always use hands to setup at 3 and beyond)
Contact for text or call- Chris 617.803.5029

[email protected]

·
Registered
312 Posts
This is radical! Awesome to hear about this program! I am also involved in adaptive/therapeutic recreation, in the roaring fork valley (2-3 hours away) . Skiing, Lake Sports, and Paddling Sports ( Inflatable kayaks, and Rafts) . I will not be able to attend tonight , but would love to be on a mailing list; and learn about more about future opportunities. I will PM you my email address. Thanks! Keep up the awesome work!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ahh man. Wish I had known of this sooner. I was one of the volunteer boats at the Disabled Veterans games for the Kayaking at Cherry Creek Reservoir. What a blast. The Kayak football with the vets was the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts