Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This could go in the Eddy but I think it's appropriate for the Boater's Forum.

This article discusses the disturbing nature of bottled water:
Nestle to begin draining millions of gallons of Arkansas River water | The Colorado Independent

I, and I encourage those in support to chime in, respectfully request that the FibArk organizers cut bottled water use out of the festival. I know it's not an easy change, especially given the fest starts tomorrow. However, I believe the use of bottled water is in direct conflict with the idea of celebrating the river and it's recreational use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
FIBArk doesn't use bottled water

FIBArk does not and has not used bottled water for many years now. The past 4 years they have had Montrose Water Company jugs at several locations throughout the festival where folks can refill their water bottles. Neither Nestle nor Arrowhead are sponsors. FIBArk rocks!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FIBArk does not and has not used bottled water for many years now. The past 4 years they have had Montrose Water Company jugs at several locations throughout the festival where folks can refill their water bottles. Neither Nestle nor Arrowhead are sponsors. FIBArk rocks!
If that's the case then Excellent! Perhaps we can shift the focus to getting FibArk to pressure the vendors to stop providing bottled water!

·
Registered
93 Posts
FIBArk has not used bottled water or distributed any in years. Perhaps be a little informed before encouraging others to join a campaign that doesn't have a base in reality.

FIBArk has declined to enter into sponsorship with Nestle due of their reputation and the overall disapproval of the people of Chaffee County.

FIBArk is 100% volunteer and sponsor driven.

Come to FIBArk! Support Salida and the FIBArk Festival. And bring your own water bottle to fill at the Montrose Water Company stations.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FIBArk has not used bottled water or distributed any in years. Perhaps be a little informed before encouraging others to join a campaign that doesn't have a base in reality.

FIBArk has declined to enter into sponsorship with Nestle due of their reputation and the overall disapproval of the people of Chaffee County.

FIBArk is 100% volunteer and sponsor driven.

Come to FIBArk! Support Salida and the FIBArk Festival. And bring your own water bottle to fill at the Montrose Water Company stations.
I apologize for not researching in advance. I meant no slander. After having participated in the last few years I have no memory of water stations around the freestyle/slalom venue. I really didn't venture into the vendor/concert venue at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I apologize for not researching in advance. I meant no slander. After having participated in the last few years I have no memory of water stations around the freestyle/slalom venue. I really didn't venture into the vendor/concert venue at all.

You also need to note that was a three year old article, water from ruby mountain has been being diverted for nearly three years now. That water is not bottled here so they are not looking for our local investment. It happens, its a legal water right. Just like if the Montrose water company brought water over for the festival, that is there choice to divert Gunnison basin water for there profit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts