Mountain Buzz banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Everyone bitches about the price of Toyotas, but they sure do last! If the cab was physically bigger I'd probably own one myself, but I am so cramped in my wife's 4Runner, that I don't think I'd be comfortable in one
Those new Tundras are huge. Of course they cost as much as a house...but big they are.

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
Those new Tundras are huge. Of course they cost as much as a house...but big they are.
That they are, but they don't get very good mileage, and are as large as an American truck... I was thinking more along the lines of a Tacoma, but they aren't huge..

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have this trailer. In less than a year many of the bolts came out. Also, the electrical wires underneath are stapled to the bottom of the wooden planks with what appears to be house staples. Many of the staples have already come out and the wires were hanging down. I will be replacing them with stronger fasteners. I also had to replace one of the rear headlight boxes cuz the lights blew shortly after I purchased the trailer.

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
I have this trailer. In less than a year many of the bolts came out. Also, the electrical wires underneath are stapled to the bottom of the wooden planks with what appears to be house staples. Many of the staples have already come out and the wires were hanging down. I will be replacing them with stronger fasteners. I also had to replace one of the rear headlight boxes cuz the lights blew shortly after I purchased the trailer.
Might consider giving them some mechanical protection like a conduit. We used .50" square tubing and ran the wires in that as I've seen rocks thrown up against the bottom of a trailer from the tires with enough force to sever a copper wire. You can easily fold the 4 flat wire in half and it slides right in. We did use a fishtape too, made things a lot easier.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Might consider giving them some mechanical protection like a conduit. We used .50" square tubing and ran the wires in that as I've seen rocks thrown up against the bottom of a trailer from the tires with enough force to sever a copper wire. You can easily fold the 4 flat wire in half and it slides right in. We did use a fishtape too, made things a lot easier.
That’s a darn good idea.

·
Registered
7 Posts
RMR, Hyside, NRS, Sawyer, K2 coolers, Whitewater Worthy Trailers, Frames and soft goods
788 Posts
If you don’t want to rebuild your new trailer we have your solution. Our wiring is all protected inside the trailer frame.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
If you don’t want to rebuild your new trailer we have your solution. Our wiring is all protected inside the trailer frame.
I was really hopeful that I was going to get a quality product from a local “craftsman”. I got a hackjob thing from a butcher. Hopefully this thread will steer some folks towards a better product. If it does, I’ll be well satisfied.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bit disappointing to run across this thread. I just got this trailer as part of a new raft purchase. Looked to be built solid, even able to handle an atv. The outfit reselling it is highly reputable. Now I need to take a real close look at it. Pete

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am needing a new trailer my old snowmobile trailer has put in some good years. I been watching for this one to come out but says late September. From correspondence they seem to have a really well made product. They are supposed to be working on introducing frames also. View attachment 67926
Hmmmm....you posted this 23 minutes ago, and they posted this pic on Instagram 19 minutes ago. Undercover shilling for your own company? James, is that you? 🤣

·
Registered
495 Posts
Can’t help with that I don’t do Instagram. I have Rectec boxes on my boat, good stuff. Report back with what you find out. But even a bit more strange you joined an hour ago to hone in on this post and drop Recretecs name
I think floatmaboat & Barlow are the same person giving us some entertainment as we lament about the heat and not being on a river. Good on ya! Much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
I think floatmaboat & Barlow are the same person giving us some entertainment as we lament about the heat and not being on a river. Good on ya! Much appreciated.
I for one can do without all of it..Is not only fishy, suspect and such, it's annoying. Not nearly as annoying as GeoRon, but lord knows I'm wearing out the ignore feature on this site a lot lately..

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
You joined 4 days ago, and make the statement that MB has long been boring with stale gear (really) and members. How would a person that's just joined be able to form this opinion ? OH, but a troll would....

If it sucks so much here, perhaps it's you that should move on from all the stale gear and members.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
You want to talk about real gear and have a good time we are all over here in the suckbook group✌🏻
Sounds like a good place for you then.
Don’t let the screen door hit you in the ass on the way out.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts