Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a trick for this? I use a 5 gallon bucket with a Gamma twist lid on it for a poop bucket sometimes, where wag bags are legal for small groups.
I'm sure there is a great solution out there, Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
Does anyone have a trick for this? I use a 5 gallon bucket with a Gamma twist lid on it for a poop bucket sometimes, where wag bags are legal for small groups.
Pop rivet footmans loops around it, make sure to use a washer on the inside of the bucket when you pop rivet it on to prevent it pulling thru the plastic

·
Registered
101 Posts
Andy and Bax out of Portland sells bucket straps. I've been using them for years. D-rings sewn in to straps. Very efficient!

·
Registered
77 Posts
....or just a better/stronger bucket! Def not a bargain, but its built to keep crap secure and already has tie-down slits to run any std nrs strap through. I've also stood on that matching lid, which fully seals with nary a creak or crack.

UPDATE: this is only Yeti product I own, bought right off the shelf at Murdochs, and have no regrets. Fancy straps don't make a std 5G bucket any stronger, and my turds deserve better..

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
Wow, 40 bucks for a plastic bucket plus shipping... Damn.. Looks totally and completely bomber though, but jeez. (coming from the guy that spent 700 bucks on a jonny partner.:ROFLMAO:...).

Footmans loops are cheap :oops:

I'm waiting on the day that the poop bag systems will no longer accepted, but it hasn't come yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We use 3 or 5 gal buckets for groover/kitchen on small trips - we just put them in mesh bags (I prefer DRE). I assume (unless you are literally just shitting in a bucket) that you also have a supply bag/box for bags, chemicals, tp, etc. - and that can tuck in the mesh bag too.

Where are you wanting to attach it?

·
Super Moderator
4,369 Posts
....or just a better/stronger bucket! Def not a bargain, but its built to keep crap secure and already has tie-down slits to run any std nrs strap through. I've also stood on that matching lid, which fully seals with nary a creak or crack.

UPDATE: this is only Yeti product I own, bought right off the shelf at Murdochs, and have no regrets. Fancy straps don't make a std 5G bucket any stronger, and my turds deserve better..

$70 for a bucket with a Yeti logo, strap handle, and see-through lid.

Now I know what to buy when I've got more money than I know what to do with it. After I've set myself up for a nice, comfortable retirement, given my chauffer and housekeepers a raise, donated enough to charities that no one on earth is hungry or without a roof over their head, saved the every single whale, sponsored successful campaigns to stamp out litter, successfully lobbied all governments on earth to eradicate war and injustice, and sponsored the successful transition off fossil fuels and turned global warming around. After I've bought some great art for my modest home and the condo at the bottom of the ski area. And xeriscaped my yard so there'll be less water needed coming through the Roberts tunnel. After I've used my money on those things, I'll spend $70 for a Yeti bucket and the accessory lid.

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Andy H.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts