Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am after 2 sets of thwarts for my Avon bucket boat. Does anyone know of somewhere/ have any (for sale) for sale. I am not looking to spend much more than $150 for 2 thwarts and attachment hardware. What would be the best way to attach them into the boat? There is no fixings on the tubes and the floor is a Bucket Boat, so no line to attach to.

I know aquamarine isn't recommended, but would these maybe work for me? Aquamarine Inflatable Boats,dinghy,raft in Canada and US - Inflatable Thwart Seat

The internal diameter between the tubes is 35 inches.

Thanks all for your help.

·
Super Moderator
4,050 Posts
Harry,

If you could provide photos of the attachments, and the year of the boat, someone may have some thwarts gathering dust in their garage that will fit your boat. Otherwise, you may need to buy some new 35" long thwarts and retrofit your Avon with them. I'd recommend that if you have to retrofit, you look for some Hypalon thwarts so you won't have to deal with patching gear made from PVC as well as your Avon.

Also, I presume you're only looking for two thwarts, and not two sets of thwarts, right?

Good luck,

-AH

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I think the boat is an '83 boat, the serial number ends 831-A but it also has a 96 in the as the 6 and 7th digit - any ideas?

I would like to purchase 2 thwarts to make this a better boat for paddle rafting.
I have attached some further pictures to better understand what I am after. When calculating the tube diameter, I presume this is inflated - does 16" seem correct?

Are the valves on the boat B-7 Valves? Is there a good way to remove the rust marks?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts