Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...not bad for a day on the rio.

I thought I would take a minute to geek out a little about a great day kayaking over the weekend. You know those days where you just are so happy to have such a sweet sport to be apart of? I didn't run anything epic, but man, I felt good. Good lines, good people, incredible weather...The thunder heads were rolling in when a friend said, "I'm pretty sure it's about to hail..." and, as if on queue, the hail began about 10 seconds later. The fatty rain drops/hail/sleet came down fast and hard and then we were treated to a double rainbow :D

My season started good and then got weird after a big water swim (main Salmon) that scared the skills and confidence right on out of me for a reasonably large part of the season...and I am so thankful that I did what I needed to do to feel good in my boat after that...which was step it down and work on some basic skills that I didn't realize I was falling so short on...Thank god for that swim...I have this feeling that if I hadn't had that, that I would have been trying to paddle some of the high water stuff that, in actuality, I had NO business being on.

I'm just feeling such positive energy from my day, over the weekend, that I thought I would spread it around. Its been a fun season and is no where near over for me :)

Anyone else have a good story...mellow, epic, ridiculous? Give it up!

Beth

P.S. I would add a picture of the double rainbow, but I don't know how...Anyone? Its in my iphoto.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Too funny!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Last year during the fine Clear Creek season one particular run was so filled with boof that the spray never settled and a boofing rainbow appeared. I've since been told that it was the gayest thing that's ever happened to kayaking.

...oh, and love the prine sig. man that guy's got it sussed.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These posts are cracking me up. Quality.
I have found myself watching the moaning and crying version several times. Dude is into it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts