Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been informed that a fully deployed throwrope is stuck in mid channel at rapid number 5 and a half in the Arkansas river.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Any updates? Been through there several times in the last few days, haven't seen anything.
Also, I know people call "5 & 1/2" different spots.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rangers looked yesterday and couldn't find anything. Lets us know if you see it downstream. Please post if you removed it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Thanks for the update. Too bad the previous owner of said rope couldn't inform the community of this hazard.
Why would they with the way this community treats people who inform about hazards? They probably saw the last thread about a lost rope on the ark. This thread would be four pages telling the person what they did wrong.

Sent from my XT1254 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Super Moderator
4,049 Posts
Thanks for the update. Too bad the previous owner of said rope couldn't inform the community of this hazard.
They did, by telling AHRA. The world doesn't revolve around MountainBuzz.

- AH

·
Registered
329 Posts
We have been informed that a fully deployed throwrope is stuck in mid channel at rapid number 5 and a half in the Arkansas river.
I guess this was a typo that should have read:
We have been informed by someone who definitely wasn't in the river but just saw a rope in it that a fully deployed throwrope is stuck in mid channel at rapid number 5 and a half in the Arkansas river.

First post sure sounded to me like the person involved informed AHRA.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Why would they with the way this community treats people who inform about hazards? They probably saw the last thread about a lost rope on the ark. This thread would be four pages telling the person what they did wrong.

Sent from my XT1254 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
If you deployed a rope and arent out there trying to get it out, you deserve everything you get.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts