Mountain Buzz banner

Thoughts on Pyranha Sniper Expedition?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TimWalker 
#1 ·
Im curious about your opinions on the Pyranha Sniper Expedition kayak. I have never paddled one of these, nor even seen one. All I know about it is what the company hype is. I think the idea is a decent one, just curious about Pyranha's execution on this model.

#2 ·
huh?

Do you mean the Riot Sniper? I don't think pyranha makes any boats called "sniper". The Riot sniper is a great design if you are a small to medium sized person. If not, it's too small and too short. Also, the boat seems to break more than most, but if you are more comfortable in a sniper than any other creeker, then that's what really matters

#4 ·
I really like the hull design for the Riot Sniper. I can't really comment on the plastic as my boat is still together but I don't creek nearly as much as I'd need to to comment on the durability factor. However, I can comment on the outfitting. Riot definitely failed in the thigh brace system. The idea was ok but it just doesn't work. I've heard of others breaking the thigh strap and I don't like the notion of paddling creeks without proper outfitting integrity. I think if the the hull benefits outweigh the outfitting issue then you could probably retro fit the Sniper with better thigh outfitting and it would be an excellent creeker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.