Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a sweet deal on a Blaze 7.1 with some gear. Never paddled one, and this is a bad time of year to try it. Just looking for a little input. I'm 5'8", 180, size 10 feet and currently only run up to class 3. About 50/50 river running and playing. I would like to get a boat that will keep me interested in it for a couple of years. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I know someone your size that paddles one and it is a nice stable boat. Surfs ok and runs rivers fine.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I paddled one for a week last summer in BC. The boat that I have that is somewhat similar is the big ez. The perception has better hull speed than the b. ez and rolls super easy. I had trouble with the bow pearling in the perception, even with the seat back. Other negitives for me were footroom, and the large stern. Although the high volune stern will add stability, and lessen the unwanted back enders, it detracts from manurverability and surfing. Overall I like my b. ez better than the perception. Also, resale will be better with a b.ez.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Blaze Series

I paddle the Blaze 6.9 and really like the boat. The Blaze series is river runner first, playboat second, but it is very stable, easy to roll, and surfs like a charm. Given the amount of rocker, the bow does not dive; on the other hand, doing stern squirts takes good initiation. It runs class III and IV well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts