Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonderbag - Home

I haven't looked too far into it, but as long as you can keep it upright it might make pulling into those fall camps late in the day a more pleasant experience. There will be a little river stirring as well....

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hmm. I followed the link and read most of the website. It is clear as day that the wonderbag will end poverty and save the world, but I am still a little fuzzy about what the hell it is. A blanket for your stock pot?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Been thinking about one for a year or so but still skeptical of it for food safety reasons.

It is a simple heat retention sack for a pot. I think its filled with synthetic beads for insulation and has a tight cinch closure. I would imagine its great for vegetarian cooking. Chicken and meat? Not so sure I would want to experiment enough to make sure its kept above the 140F-ish temperature needed to keep the food safe.

Rafting....I would want to have a pot with a gasketed lid of some sort to prevent spillage. Maybe just jury-rig a pot with a rubber band and appropriate sized gasket. Doing so would increase heat retention a bit.

Has potential. Not sure I am ready yet to drop $55 for it until I see some reviews that go more in depth to temperature testing and how it actually does with meat. My foodie side is curious though.

Phillip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts