Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kind of want to get out and paddle. Considering the gorge so I have a few questions.

1. How long is the drive from evergreen/denver?

2. How hard is pulling off a shuttle?

3. How long does the run take?

thanks,

ben

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hey Ben --

I live in C. Springs and run the Gorge often, though I haven't hit it yet this year.
I could be persuaded into going tomorrow.
It will take an hour to get to the takeout from C. Springs. (Take 115 South, then 50 west).
At current flows the run will take about 3 hours.
I'd meet you down there and that would handle the shuttle question. I might even bring the beer.
Check your PMs for contact info if you want to hook up.

-Mike G.

·
Registered
134 Posts
On the weekends running shuttle with only one car is easy. Drop everything at the put in go back to the take out and make sure to bring your life jacket so they don't confuse you for an escaped convict. Most likely will find someone at the put-in before you even head back but never had a problem catching a ride even this early in the season.
Figure 2.5 hours to get there.
Length of time depends on what you get out to look at and how hard you paddle at the end but if you're comfortable with the run then probably 3-4 hours

·
Registered
200 Posts
yo three of us coming down from gunny to run gorge we will be at the put in at 10:30 and we have a shuttle already meet there if you want to go
josh

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hey Josh --

We ran this together in the fall. Wassup?
Ben had to bail. I'm running it with a local pal, but we're doing it later. I need some major Z's tonight. Can't make it in the morning. Have a good run.

-Mike G.

·
Registered
200 Posts
it was a good day and awesome weather. hope you guys had a good one.
see ya
josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts