Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 24 inches of snow up here in Evergreen and it is supposed to be 43 tomorrow, 58 on friday and 60 on saturday.

thoughts... Bear creek maybe?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Super long shot at Bear....Confluence will definitely go. Dodge syringes while surfing oil! You all know I'll kayak about anything, but I've so far drawn the line at playboating confluence....Although I'm getting desperate. If Bear goes to 160+, I'm in at at moment's notice.
Joe
303 594 9733

·
Registered
703 Posts
Joe - I'm back this weekend. If anything runs for sunday morning, I'm interested. I'll bring both my boats with. If not, anyone interested in Shoshone runs sunday afternoon??

Josh

·
Registered
214 Posts
Clear Creek could possibly go. Black Hawk got 22.5 inches and Genese 18. Plus it was a really wet heavy snow. With the melting today and tomorrow, lower CC or Golden could pick up.

Keeping fingers crossed!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Clear Creek and Bear Creek won't go. Sorry, looks like a low wah wah gore run for sunday. Looking forward to it. Its been too long.

Knet

·
Registered
389 Posts
For Denver, I think the Union Street waves are your best bet if the water keeps going up--I consider them acceptable at 550 cfs.

Some of the waves 1/4 mile below confluence may also be OK. If the flow hits 1000, the tressle wave goes and that's sweet.

·
Registered
648 Posts
not bad yesterday

a little windy, boring, but a nice float from C-470 & Santa Fe to Confluence. Looks like it is still up too.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Yeah, what an awesome day! Gore's a pretty cool run for scenery, but its truly amazing when the mountains (and river banks) are etched in snow and the wildlife is out along the river. Too bad not many people get to see that. SYOTR.

COUNT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts