Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On their way back from the Junior Olympics in North Carolina, Max Karlsson, Nico Tonazzi, and Lauren Burress became the victims when 3 boats and 5 paddles, as well as a clothes bag and a food box were stolen from the Burress's truck and trailer in Sullivan, Indiana.

Please send me a PM if you come across any of the following equipment for sale on craigslist, ebay, etc

Boats:
2009 purple Jackson Shooting Star
2010 yellow Jackson All-Star (never been paddled)
2010 blue Jackson Villain S (never been paddled)

Paddles:
Werner Sherpa (green); shaft: bent & small; Length: 191
AT 4E Play (white paddle, black shaft); Shaft: bent & small; Length: 190; Offset: 30
Galasport Elite Carbon (black); Shaft: straight; Length: 190; Offset: 55
Werner Double-Diamond (black); Shaft: bent; Length: 191
AT 2 Flex (black/yellow/red); Shaft: bent; Length: 191

·
Registered
10 Posts
Theft

Magnus,

Thank you for posting this for us. Also they stole Nico's North Face duffle bag that contained all of his clothes, a pair of shoes, a coat and some nice climbing gear. They cut every piece of climbing rope we had to remove the boats and paddles. Also taken was tote full of food, silverware, and stuff. This was a horrible ending for the kids and I am hoping that everyone will be on the lookout for the paddles and boats.

Thanks again,
Kathleen Burress

·
That really sucks. I'm surprised to hear that kind of thievery going on in small town Mid-America. I'm assuming they were at a hotel on their travels home.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
I have a brother who's a cop not too far from there..big Meth problems. Good luck. Probably took the stuff to some pawn shop in Terre Haute.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We have alerted all of the pawn shops in Indiana and the conservation officers in the whole state are on the look out. We were actually staying at Nathan's mom and dads house when it happened.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts