Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone considering heading up thisaway... I have been here for 2 days of total bliss. This place is such a paddlers paradise it's hard to describe. Very beautiful, very quiet area, and some of the best waves I have ever seen. Only issue is lines at the features, but early morning provides little to no one.

Last time I was here was 4 years ago and it was much much lower than now. Apparently they had quite a good rainy season around the Ottawa valley in 08, and the levels at McCoys are holding spectacularly. I am a terrible playboater, but these past days are getting me more fired up for playboating next season. We don't have ANYTHING like McCoys in Colorado... Super glassy tall wave with a perfect foam hat to keep you in the pocket, but regardless, I am stoked to get after more playboating in 09...

Heading down through Watertown today and will be at the Yough/Gauley later this week. Anyone heading to Yough/Gauley that wants to get in touch... feel free to email me at marty at jackson kayak dot com.

Dominate

·
Registered
100 Posts
Damn Marty, Sound's like a blast and wish I was there with you. Bummed I can not make it out this year. Nothing like a month long paddle fest out east. Be safe brother hope all is well. Give me a shout when your on your way back. Jason

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
What's it running Marty? What features are in on McCoy's? Low enough for Babyface? High enough for Corner Wave? The Hole?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Derkaderka....

It's was a 1/4 and then a half the next day. Corner was PERFECT both days... and beyond that burley ass attempt to get back in the Corner eddy (only made it twice), it was well worth a quick hike back up.
Babyface was the type of wave a lame ass playboater such as myself dreams of. Perfect green face with a nice little hat to keep the boater in the pocket. Gotta say that was super addicting. The lines got really long, but I was out at 7:30 and didn't see a person till 9.

The last day I was there, the remnants of Hurricane Ike rolled through (I know... crazy it made it that far) and the river came up a good bit, but I was on the road back to NY by 9am...

Hope you guys are enjoying what I heard was awesome weather and great Gore levels.

Get it...

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Nice. That hole down by Dog's Leg should be starting to come in, too, then. That thing is sick at 1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts