Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend got a permit with a Halloween put in ....anyone done it that late? Tolerable cold or frostbite by the end?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Weather is always tricky to predict, that being said, last year's 8 Dec launch produced frozen solid nalgine bottles the first 3 days but after that it was moderate enough to take a few full immersion baths (mid day)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Not from personal experience, but know people who have done it in late fall/winter. Temps sounded great when they were there. Not to say you could get unlucky, but I don't think there's any reason to be scared off by the cold.

·
Super Moderator
3,859 Posts
Here's a link to photos from someone's trip in November - you can get a pretty good idea of what it was like for them.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bruce.klock/GrandCanyonNov1212006

the link was posted to the Grand Canyon Private Boaters Assoc. (GCPBA) list, a very good site to visit if you're planning a GC trip. I'd expect that if you asked that group, you'd get lots of detailed info. try GCPBA-dot-com

Have a good trip!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ain't no stinkin' pansy

Thanks all! Very convincing. And, for the record, I did not even hesitate to say yes to the trip and have already made the vacation request. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts