Glenwood Whitewater Events

Glenwood Springs Chamber of Commerce

More info and prizes coming soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be worth it.

It will be worth it. The park flows will be good and the river shouldn't drop more than it is now.

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
You're going down!

Ty, are you competing in this event? Because if you are, then you're going down. I'm bringing the whole CSU team. We'll stay in my mom's basement. On competition day, we'll come over to your house and tear your boat in half.

Also, how is judging going to work? It's not going to be just some dudes with a 1-10 scorecard, is it?

-leif

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go ahead Leif bring your team.

Leif,
I'm not competing I'm helping out with the event. I would but I remember how much you cried last year. Bring your friends and get ready to have a blast.

Although at least one of the judges would like to be called "the dude" don't worry the judges are World Class. The scoring format will be similar to team trials. Bring your whole team. We are working on some custom glass trophies plus we're going to raffle the prizes so everyone should walk away with something.

Ty

Ty, are you competing in this event? Because if you are, then you're going down. I'm bringing the whole CSU team. We'll stay in my mom's basement. On competition day, we'll come over to your house and tear your boat in half.

Also, how is judging going to work? It's not going to be just some dudes with a 1-10 scorecard, is it?

-leif

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
Judging

Thanks Ty. Thanks for reminding me of those bitter, bitter tears of defeat. Thanks.

You say the judges will be legit. Do you already have the judges picked out? Who are they? I want to get my bribes in earlier this year. I guess last time the checks arrived too late or something.

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
bring small bills in an envelope to Doc Holliday's and find a guy named pinemonkey tomorrow at noon. He'll make sure you get an edge in the competion.
Plus he'll need beermoney for his westwater trip on saturday

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Oh tyler is going to compete. I'll clear his dance card.

And I must turn the tables again. Though the student has become the master, the master gets ornery every now and again. So you just watch out when I do my old guy trophy move, the loop, oh wait you taught me that. Yeah well I can still split wheel.

peter

·
Registered
569 Posts
Started my training regime. flat water ends in the eddy between rapids on Shoshone. Did my first bow stall in years.

Lief, You are going down.

Peter

·
Registered
569 Posts
who is in for a rubber division? a few rafts, mabe a duckie, Lief could paddle his real girlfriend (not natalie but he one at "the lab).

Peter

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
I borrowed a mini-me. Will also bring the sponge.

If ya got small rubber, bring it on.

Peter, Is this a team event or solo for the rubber division?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think R2 or I guess I2 sounds like more fun, especially if Lief's "real" girlfriend is there.

Peter

·
Registered
281 Posts
Wow! Peter throwing down! hahaha. Leaf, Life, Mullet Galore :) ... I am judging, as is (I think Guska), not sure who the third is. As far as I know the USAFK score card will be used - it can be downloaded/checked out at USA Freestyle Kayaking

See y'all Sunday - I'm thinking we should have a paddle-board surf division - hahaha (did that stir the pot a bit...)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts