Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Um, did anyone else notice the jump on many many guages throughout the state yesterday/today? Pretty much every major drainage saw some notable rise in cfs in one or more of it's rivers/creeks.

Not everything is at the prime boatable level just yet, but it look like the initial melt has started.

I think the thaw is here. but maybe I'm just excited.

·
Registered
648 Posts
yup.. it's here

Animas and Piedra are both up. The Town run for the Animas has doubled almost since last weekend.... maybe the upper will be runnable soon. Vallecito is starting to look lively. Going to go up and scout it

·
Registered
480 Posts
Oh heck yes... I have noticed. The Phat Eye colors have been changing to some really good colors. Yellow is a very good color in my book and I don't have to wait for the greenies.

I have been eagerly awaiting this weekend. No more yard work projects and no snow or rain forcasted that would slow the thaw. Time to get the boat in the wa-wa. :D The season is here!

·
Registered
194 Posts
alright, this is killing me. I have in-laws visiting for three weeks which means no boating. So, while you guys are out enjoying the yee-haw part of the season, I'll be here lamenting.

now please excuse me while I take this fifth of vodka and smash it over my head. :evil:

·
Registered
480 Posts
DLBoot, why not do Shoshone or even Golden and let them walk along the path and make fun of you? :lol: At least you could get in some boating and they can take in the scenery. Just a thought.

·
Registered
648 Posts
dayyyyyyyyyummmmmmmmm

make them run shuttle and take pics... that way ...you get to paddle, they get exercise, and if you get double prints at Wally-Mart, you both get pics...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts