Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start out by saying I really appreciate all of your responses. Not just the nice ones, also some of the others. I don't mind being criticized as long as it's for something logical. Anyone that stands for something is going to have fans and critics, and I'm ok with that.
Let's clear a few things up about me.
I am cocky. I think you are going to have a hard time finding anyone successful that isn't. Cocky and confidence are often synonymous.
I don't shy away from publicity. I love my career and the only way I've found to continue making money paddling is to continue getting publicity. If any of you want to pay me a lot of money to not get publicity I'll do it.

Below I'm quoting what someone wrote in an earlier thread because I very much agree with it.
"between special interest groups, big money, and congress people’s egos, very little change/benefits trickles down to “we the people”.

I'm completely agree with the quote above and that is part of why I've chosen to run for office. I thought as appose to just complaining about all the problems I would get involved and try to make a difference. Now I'm not being naive. I know that even if elected, I may find out that it's to corrupt to change. But I would rather try and fail than fail by not trying.

You can learn more about my campaign at Tao Berman | Tao Berman
If anyone wants to donate to my campaign click on the "donations" tab. I've been having some technical problems with my online donations so you may have to send a check to the listed PO Box.

Thanks again for all the great replies.

Tao

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
So how would a person get to Hood River, Washington? Is it a state of mind rather than an actual place?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Perhaps Tao is referring to the geographical locality. After all, the Hood River separates Washington and Oregon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
White Salmon WA

Sorry about saying I live in Hood River. I live in White Salmon, WA, which is about five minutes from Hood River, OR.
I almost never make posts, and that is why I made a mistake filling out my user profile.
For years I've been asked where I live by the media, and I have always said around the Hood River area. If I said White Salmon they would ask me where that is. Then I would have to tell them it's near Hood River.

Tao

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Actually, the Columbia separates the two states. The Hood River is a tributary. I'm thinking we got us an imposter. But hey, I'm no expert...

Perhaps Tao is referring to the geographical locality. After all, the Hood River separates Washington and Oregon.

·
Registered
676 Posts
i know a lot of people who are successful at what they do (for work and play) that aren't cocky. they don't have to go hand in hand.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I'm not here to play "gotcha" with anybody... though it might seem that way. I think it's great that a boater wants to be involved in the political process. Our country absolutely needs some new blood in politics if we're going to recover from the mess BushCo has gotten us into.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
the only mess is the flip flopping americans including the obomonator
So you're "pleased" with the state of the nation that Bush/Cheney have left? Really?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
did he really put us in this position? no we voted. we put us in this position
Some people did vote for Bush... twice! Mind-boggling as that seems, it did happen. Not that Kerry inspired anyone...

Bush (and more importantly his handlers like Cheney) are directly responsible for a laundry list of problems this country faces. It will take decades to repair the damage those cocksuckers have done to our nation.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
would it have been better with crazy kerry? we don't know could have been worse so lets stop bitching adout bush cheney. we had the power of impeachment we didn't use it so what now?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Cheney wouldn't have been in a position of power, and THAT would have changed things ENTIRELY. Stop bitching about Bush/Cheney? Not so long as we have a functioning First Amendment and the slim chance that we as a nation can hold that "dynamic duo" accountable. I still hold out hope for criminal charges against both. And it pleases me that none of the BushCo co-conspirators can travel abroad for fear of being indicted of warcrimes. That is some solace...

would it have been better with crazy kerry? we don't know could have been worse so lets stop bitching adout bush cheney. we had the power of impeachment we didn't use it so what now?

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
SO ARE YOU, does my names for the lying liberals piss you off a little?

both ways obama anybetter for you. your president?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Dan Orion -

Man, you got it right. And they have all these kool-aid drinkers thinking there is actually a difference between D and R. Can you believe that! Silly people arguing about the "difference" between parties while the politicians run away with the loot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts