Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ran Westwater on Labor Day and owe a big Thank You to the Westwater Resident Ranger. Unfortunately, I didn't get his name but I'm sure everyone knows who I am speaking of. One of our party was kayaking and had a WildWasser PFD. He has used this for a while and its specifically made for whitewater. Unfortunately, it was manufactured in Germany and as such, does not have the requisite Coast Guard label. During our trip "checkout" the Ranger said it was not acceptable. We had not brought a spare for a day trip and so were faced with leaving one person behind.

The Ranger offerred to let Jeff use his personal PFD so he could make the trip. This was extremely gracious of him and I want everyone to know how much we appreciate this gesture. Sometimes Rangers are criticized here on the Buzz and not given thank you's when due. I wanted to just let everyone know and publically say thanks.

On a seperate note...even with horrible butterflies since this was my first time rowing a raft through Westwater...made a textbook move through Skull and was proud how my little 12' Tributary handled the run...staring to think that maneuverability trumps size on certain runs

1 - 1 of 1 Posts