Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I know, it's a hokey title, but that's what we said at the takeout.

With other things going on and November just around the corner we had what will likely be the end of our boating this year with another fine day at Gore. It was good to see more than a few boaters out there. Flow wasn't quite the 1200 we prefer, but hey, who can complain about a nice mid-October day with decent flow at Gore. Not us! Boating is fun when things go well.

Sad to say that next for the boat is a day of cleaning and then garage storage, until March or April.

What an outstanding water year it was! We're jealous of the kayakers that continue boating late in the year.

David

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
1000 not bad for gore still doesnt compare to 20+ miles of 2k bedrock drops, very large boulder mank sections and just complete awsomeness period.. love oct

·
Registered
682 Posts
I concur! Great season overall and great day yesterday to (probably) wrap it up!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Missed the eagle. Too busy tucking my head and cranking ass into the headwind!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just descended Gore for the first time last Saturday. It was at 1000 CFS that morning, the sun was out and it was just a beautiful run. Definitely going back, and I plan to hit it up late in the year (with mitts on under the pogies). Sure beats the late season Waterton I did last year.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I see them bald headed eagles on the paddle in all the time. Sat. one was munching on a fish carcass and let us paddle right next to it. I pulled my head up to face the wind and sun glare long enough to check it out. A few weeks ago we saw one dive bombing a duck. Antelope, moose, bear, buffalo, assorted water fowl, weasels... no need to go to Alaska - except I hear their runs have fewer ropes in the water.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts