Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I should probably post this in "Lost and Found"...however....

Last Wed night my husband and I camped at Cisco landing as we were too tired to continue driving to Salt Lake City for the Outdoor Retailer Conference as it was 2am and we had both just worked a very long day. We have a FlipPac which is a tent that opens up out of the roof of the topper on the back of the truck over the cab creating a sleeping area. It requires a 2 foot-long heavy hand crank in order to get the FlipPac open and eventually closed. Without it - the FlipPac is virtually useless.

Anyway - in our rush to continue our journey onward to SLC bright and early Thu morning, we forgot to remove the crank from the side of the outside of the truck. We discovered our mistake 4 hours later upon our arrival in SLC. We returned to Cisco Landing Sun night in hopes of finding it. After driving 5 mph down the entire road with both of us with our heads hanging out both windows looking like dogs with our tongues hanging out in the desert heat looking for the crank - we found it hanging off a sign in the parking lot.

This may sound stupid - but that silly little piece of metal is actually a $300 part and it is very hard to replace. So to whomever found it and hung it up for us to come back 4 days later to discover it - THANK YOU for knowing exactly what it was and not launching it into the woods or the nearest dumpster!

Patty and Bart Pinkham

·
Registered
711 Posts
Good story. Go back there and leave a truckload of beer at the sign as a thanks, with a note saying why it's there and "One per customer!" Maybe your mystery man will get one.

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
It seems strange to have the words ''Cisco'' and ''mystery'' in the same title and have it be positive.

Glad everything turned out OK though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Middle Fork Salmon

We were there mid July with flow at 6200cfs. Good water but poor fishing.
A 14ft SB was perfect for the III-IV rapids. Ice lasted just fine for the 4 nights using expidition series cooler. The 16ft SB was slightly more on the oars in the flat water as expected.
Remember to bring strainer, shovel, bucket, etc to meet USFS requirements.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
And with Wendell's input this just became THE most bizarre thread on the Buzz that I've ever read.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Groover Lids

I've found that using 1/4" closed cell foam cut to the diameter of the large opening will fit in the lid and help prevent smell leakage. Also old dried oregano mixed with lemon pepper is a great deodorizer.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Right, and don't forget the turkey leg and schlitz while posting lame rafting photos and looking for a missed love connection.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I heard that Saturn rafts were awesome. And make sure to freeze your entire dry box when prepping for a single day on the Upper C. The bugs at Deso moved to the MFS.

What size cooler should I get with that?

Nice to hear a good Karma story, but Cisco is still #1 in the creepy dept.

·
Registered
579 Posts
WHATEVER!!!!!
if you can't boat it, WALK IT! Leave the river as it is for those of us who want to try and run it unaltered!

Seriously. Gosh!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts