Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Ahhh, that kinda stinks. I personally have no problem with it and think it's amusing when flashed in kayaking video's....but that's not the time nor place.

It's funny...but it shouldn't be the image grandma and grandpa in Switzerland have of kayaking.

Although...unless pointed out (like in this article), I doubt many would make the association.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Middle class white kids goofing on a pop culture image have nothing in common with what Tommy Smith and John Carlos were dealing with in '68 America.

And the Demshitz boyze are friends of mine.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I never throw a Brown Claw, but who cares. People act like he got in a fight with the winner, or got caught using performance enhancing drugs. The Outside online article was ridiculous. They could have just said it was something some pro boaters in the world do when they run hard whitewater. I say if he runs with the Demshitz crew he was fine doing it. If not he is just like every other person that throws that up, and has no tie to the crew that started it.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Aw, lighten up, isn't that the point? Not sure about mocking civil rights icons, but then Texas Ken has always been edgy.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I never throw a Brown Claw, but who cares. People act like he got in a fight with the winner, or got caught using performance enhancing drugs. The Outside online article was ridiculous. They could have just said it was something some pro boaters in the world do when they run hard whitewater. I say if he runs with the Demshitz crew he was fine doing it. If not he is just like every other person that throws that up, and has no tie to the crew that started it.
Technically, you don't have to "run" with the OD's to be a Demshitz, from the Demshitz site:

"So,when people ask who is Demshitz? Demshitz says,“Demshitz is everyone who wants to be Demshitz!”“Demshitz is Demshitz”.
The group may be 1000 deep now..."
"The goal of Demshitz is to teach the respect and knowledge of Demshitz to future generations and create one big happy Demshitz family."

So I guess the Olympics are now part of the happy Demshitz family, I like it, it's the opposite of snobby kayak clubs ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts